Who belongs to the cluster?
Circlemade consists of a range of different players:
- companies active in the circular economy sector which are at the heart of our network. They meet practical needs: food, housing, clothing, transport, equipment, recreation and support to the circular economy;
- public institutions;
- experts from academia;
- consultants, non-profits and companies which provide support and advisory services to the cluster.
What type of governance does the cluster have?
The cluster’s management is split between the strategy committee and our team.
The strategy committee
Cluster decisions are taken by the strategy committee, which meets four times a year. The committee was elected when the cluster was created in 2018. It will be renewed in 2021 via elections open to all members.
- 7 representatives of cluster companies (Perrine Collin, Cycad; Véronique Dewever, Skyfarms; Frédéric Chomé, Usitoo; Olivier Breda, dzerostudio; Julien Jacquet, Permafungi; Julien de Visscher, MODS; and, Hinde Boulbayem, SUMY)
- 1 hub.brussels representative: Patricia Foscolo
- 1 Bruxelles Environnement representative: Julien Dumont
- 1 Innoviris representative: Jeremy Levin
- 1 Bruxelles Propreté representative: Olivier Bosteels
- 1 university and research centre representative: Kathleen Servaty
- 1 circular economy chair observer: Stephan Kampelmann
- Select new members who have submitted an application,
- Review the cluster’s activities, issue opinions on the cluster’s strategy and on future events,
- Provide a special forum for discussions and exchanges on circular economy sector innovations.
The circlemade team
In addition to the Strategy Committee, our team of six permanent hub.brussels sustainable economy department members manages cluster coordination, member relations, and the organisation of work groups and seminars.