Mini clusters are small groups of enterprises established to work together towards building common projects in a specific domain. Greentech.brussels provides these enterprises with collective support in carrying out of multi-actor projects which are considered to bring added value.
A mini cluster in the fashion/textile sector was instated in 2016: it brought together more than a dozen of actors. Two multi-actor projects are currently in the pipeline.
Three new mini clusters will be initiated in the course of 2017, they will focus on:
- the Food sector,
- the WEEE (Waste Electric and Electronic Equipment),
- the logistics industry / commerce sector.
Discover mini clusters supported by greentech.brussels
The textile mini cluster is composed of 16 actors who have scheduled their work in the following manner:
- 16th of September 2016: First Meeting with actors from the clusters
- 10th-11th of October 2016: Mission of inspiration in Amsterdam and Twente
- 26th of October: “Ideation” session
- 14th of November 2016: Prioritisation work of the 31 identified project ideas
- 27th of November 2016: Concept of the projects
- 19th of December 2016: Tools and methodology for project management
- 1st semester 2017: 6 project monitoring meetings (1 meeting a month)
Two multi-actor projects are under progress, their focus is on:
- Creating a joint communication campaign on the environmental impacts of the textile industry,
- Carrying out a proof of concept on the production of a circular textile.
Within the scope of the food mini cluster, greentech.brussels seeks for cooperation among actors from Brussels for projects such as:
- Repurposing of distillers grains from breweries into food products for human consumption (crackers, etc.),
- Collecting and repurposing of unsold food,
- Strengthening of bulk sales,
- Repurposing of household organic waste.
Witihin the scope of the mini cluster on Electric and Electronic Equipment Waste, greentech.brussels hopes cooperation with actors from brussels on projects such as:
- Collecting, repairing and reconditioning of the WEEE,
- Remanufacturing of electronic parts with actors managing with the recycling process on the Brussels canal by prompting collaborations with others involved in refurbishing and repurposing.
Within the scope of the mini cluster relating to logistics, greentech.brussels wishes for cooperation with actors from Brussels to take place on projects such as:
- Reversing logistics in business shops and implementing logistics management systems which contributes to the product-service system business models of actors in Brussels,
- Developing solution concepts for a more multi-modal mobility.